The Society was formed in 1954 and held its 50th Anniversary Dinner in the Clubhouse on 1st October 2004. The occasion was marked by the presentation to the Club of a Rosebowl which is now competed for annually in a Gents Saturday Stroke Play competition open to all Members. The Society also had a Cairn erected next to the 5th Tee which has a suitably inscribed illustration on the top and which indicates the direction and distance to various Scottish Golf Clubs and to Mountains which can be seen from that location.
The tree which was in the middle of the 1st Fairway from 1888 had been donated by the Society to mark the centenary of the Club but was removed by request of the membership in April 2009.
The Society Members compete annually in a 14 hole Stroke Play competition in June for The Graham Quaich which was donated to the Society by the family of Past Captain Graham to mark its formation. There are also annual matches against the Past Captains of Cambuslang Golf Club and Kilmarnock Barassie Golf Club, and an Annual Dinner in October to which many Past Captains bring guests from the Club.
The Secretary and Treasurer is Murray Wilson.
The position of Chairman of the Society is held by each Past Captain in turn 5 years after his year of Captaincy.
This Years Chairman is Ian Cameron.