A pitch mark only takes a few seconds to fix correctly however, a pitch mark repaired incorrectly takes over 3 weeks to heal. Please study the diagrams on how to correctly repair pitch marks. Correct repair will help protect the grass root system and benefit all members and visitors to our course.
- Discard the loose piece of turf taken out by the ball
- Insert the pitch mark repairer tool just outside of the back of the pitch mark
- Lever the turf towards the centre of the pitch mark
- Repeat this motion from all sides of the pitch mark
- Gently tap the repaired area with your putter. This action stretches undamaged turf over the pitch mark, providing instant recovery
- DO NOT replace the loose piece of turf taken out by the ball. It will die and delay the healing process.
- DO NOT pry up the centre of the depression with the pitch mark repairer as it exposes the soil and will delay the healing process
- DO NOT insert the pitch mark repairer and twist it. This only breaks more turf loose.